We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
This cauliflower dish is a hearty winter warmer with added bite thanks to the tangy shallots.
2 people made this
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 560ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 heaped tablespoons Garner’s Pickled Shallots, drained
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal breadcrumbs
- freshly milled black pepper
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, grilled to crisp
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Cook florets in lightly salted boiling water for 7 minutes until the stalks are just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- To prepare sauce, melt butter and add flour to make a roux or paste. Gradually blend in milk using a balloon whisk, stirring through to boiling point for a couple of minutes. The sauce should be smooth and sufficiently thick to coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in parsley and drained pickled onions. Season to taste.
- Preheat grill and place cauliflower in a heatproof dish. Pour over onion sauce and scatter with breadcrumbs. Season with pepper. Grill until crumbs are toasted then serve topped with the crispy bacon.
You can make this without bacon for a tasty vegetarian dish.