We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
1. Trim and wash the carrots, leaving a little of the green tops on so they look pretty.
2. Melt the butter and the dripping, if you’ve got it, in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Crush the unpeeled garlic cloves with the flat side of your knife, then add to the pan, turning after 1 minute.
3. Sprinkle in the thyme sprigs (they’ll crackle a bit), squeeze in the clementine juice and add the honey, bay and a splash of water.
4. Add the carrots, sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then jiggle the pan to coat them in all that flavour.
5. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
6. When the time’s up, uncover the pan and, being very vigilant, simply reduce the moisture away until you get a beautiful clementine glaze and the carrots start to catch and caramelize in a lovely way, turning often.
7. Once you think they look great, simply serve straight away, or you can remove them from the heat and crack on with your other jobs, reheating them when needed. Delicious.